Sunday, January 25, 2009

Taya's 1st Hair Cut!!

Mataya is always coming into my salon to either ham it up with my clients, touch or get into things she's not supposed to, or to watch me get ready for the day. When I put her in the "big chair" and told her I was going to cut her hair she was so excited. Technically I didn't really cut her hair off, I just thinned the heck out of it. It was much needed, since it has never been done before. This little girl was born with a headful of hair and I swear it gets thicker and thicker by the day.. She was so good the entire time. We had quite the salon chat. Here are some funny things she said.
" Oh I look pretty huh mommy."
" My daddy is Kenyon"
" I need a sucker"
" Oh pretty Taya"
" Mommy I have a snotty nose"
" Mommy you cut barbies hair too"
" I need a sucker"
" Mommy I want to do it"
" I want to clip clip my hair"
When we where done I showed her the hair on the floor and she said " ewe that's scary" I think she thought it was an animal or something. What a cutie! I always said I wanted a little girl so I could do her hair all cute and fun. Now I have been blessed with a sweetie that has the hair of 5 little girls put together. I'm not exaggerating.







The Giant hair ball! We could have made a large hair piece out of all her hair.


10 comments:

Jessika said...

oh my gosh those pictures are so funny! i like how you have that extension hair still hanging from that magazine rack! haha

Claudine said...

What a cute blog. I'll bet she loved it. the hair looks like mine does when I get it cut. Did you get the photos of the ducks that John sent?

knap said...

She is such a cutie, How lucky is she to have a mom that cuts hair, and then to have her own salon in her house. Cute pictures.

The Roundy's

Janna said...

I wish I had wsomeone to do my hair everyday! She is one lucky little girl (and a very cute one too)!!!!

Rex and Paula said...

You better keep the scissors away from her, she sounds like she wants to cut her own hair. The pics are so funny. I miss that litte girl. I feel like I have not seen her for so long. Give her kisses for me.

oldcowboy said...

When are you bringing that cute little kid over to St. George for a horseback ride. I would love to take her.

Uncle Brent

Talia said...

Kara I havn't seen you forever, your little girl is so cute! you have such a cute blog too, Julie always tells me how you guys are doing. it looks like you guys are great keep in touch. love ya ---
Tal

Shad, Rashell, and Dillan said...

Kara,
Hey. I found your blog due to my blog stalking skills. Your little girl is darling. I cannot believe how long it has been since I have seen you.
Your blog is great.

LambFam said...

Hey another blog stalker. hehe Your daughter is so cute I was so happy to hear that you finally were able to adopt. My mom will be so excited since we haven't talked to you for years! E-mail me for an invite

tangerine.amy@gmail.com
Amy

Mike and Kerry said...

I love all of the comments that Mataya said while you cut her hair. Mike and I especially got a kick out of "My daddy is Kenyon!" I love having conversations with kids! Thanks for the reminder about sharing time. I had forgotten that a child said that about the picture of someone getting a blessing. I will have to tell Mike about that one!