Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long weekend by Kenyon

It may not seem that long for some of you but for me it was a nice break, any time I can get 72 hours out of the cab of that Kenworth I am jumping all over that. Kara and I both had dentist appointments Friday morning in Cedar. then we went to lunch with my family. After lunch My brother Shon and I went out and shot up about 500 rounds with our pistols and did some much needed target practice. I had a real good time and always enjoy spending time with him, I wish we lived in the same town so that we could get together more often.

Saturday morning my neighbor Billy and I headed south of town to see if we could call in a coyote to shoot. We left town about 6:30 and was out in the spot we wanted to be before it was day light. We only had time for two quick stands the first was prefect, The sun was not up yet and the moon was full from the night before and still hung quite high in the west. We had a perfect view of a large valley with a big wash running through it with very little cover and lots of room for a dog to come in.We called in this location for almost an hour and no sign of anything. We jumped in the truck and headed about a mile or two down the road to the south, we were running out of time because Billy had to be back to town by 9:30 so we pulled off the road and just hiked a few feet from the road and gave it one more try. We split up about 15 feet and just after starting to call something was getting to me and I started to sneeze and sneeze and then my eyes started to water. I was thinking we are never going to see anything now with all this noise and moving around I was doing when Billy got my attention and he had his rifle up and looked like he was going to shoot but never did. We had a dog coming straight for the call and just as billy was getting ready for a shot it spotted our truck and took a hard turn and was gone. We had a lot of fun and I am looking forward to my Christmas break so I can go out again and try some more calling.

Saturday night Kara and I went to a Christmas party hosted by our friends the Clark's. All of our friends were there. We had a delicious dinner and a hilarious white elephant gift exchange.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to go with this blog!!!

5 comments:

Jessika said...

wahoo!! kenyon blogged! me and shon were just talking at grams, he was saying that he ordered some coyote caller thing..and he recruited me to be your guys's caller..haha

Shawna said...

Thanks again for letting me take your pics. I really do hope you like them. I think they are pretty awsome myself. Not because of my skills but because of your beautiful family. You guys are the best

Claudine said...

Great informative blog, Kenyon. Glad the cyote caller worked. We enjoyed your visit. Mom

oldcowboy said...

You ought to come up to New Harmony and get rid of a few thousand coyotes. There all over by Little Mountain.

Uncle Brent

Byron said...

Your daughter is so cute. Hope that we will get to se you this Christmas.