Thursday, November 20, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date









I look forward to Wednesdays and Thursdays. Those are the nights Kara is cutting hair late and Mataya and I try to go on some kind of date, just the two of us. This is so much fun for me because I don't get to spend very much one on one time with her. So today I got off early from work and we took a little drive up to New Harmony to see the horses and visit family. We stopped at the cemetery on the way into town and looked at my grandmothers grave then we took the horses a few buckets of grain and Mataya was having a blast feeding it to them. We also went down to my uncle Verniles house we had so much fun talking and catching up with him and Elmalyne. Then we went with Vernile looking for deer. We seen some very nice bucks but it was getting to dark to get a good picture. We stopped at grandpa Darces house on the way out of town Mataya was very good around him and Donna. She sat with both of them, probably because grandpa gave her a brownie. I sure enjoyed spending some time in New Harmony. I thought back on lots of childhood memories growing up there. Some times I wish I was still living there. I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with Mataya, this is one of those days that will be with me forever!!!

8 comments:

Claudine said...

Gee, Kenyon, you are quite the blogger. That is such a cute post. Tears were running down my cheeks when I finished reading it. I'll bet Mataya will remember it forever too. I'm sure Dad and Donna loved having you. They ask about you all of the time. Also, Vernile and Elma Lynne.. I'll be anxiously waiting for a blog about Prom night at Forks High. Isn't it tonight? Keep it up you guys. Mom

Rex and Paula said...

WOW Kenyon, I did not realize it was you posting until I read a little bit into the post. Nice job. That sounds like a neat afternoon you guys had. I can't believe she is not afraid of the horses. Cute picture if her with Grandpa Darce. Love you guys!

oldcowboy said...

Kenyon,
What a great story. That Mataya steals my heart. I am glad you and I are turning her into a cowgirl. Tell me when you think she is ready to go for a little horseback ride. We could just put her on the saddle and lead her around at this stage. You are a good man Kenyon. I am proud you are my nephew!

Happy Trails,

Uncle Brent

Jessika said...

oh my heck kenyon wrote a blog..can i join your party with beer? good one though. taya is so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

Those are the best of times, aren't they? I love the one on one time with kids...nothing better. Sounds like Vern's place it the place to be. Let's go try our luck with some of those coyotes and maybe tip over that thick buck you saw!

Shawna said...

That is the sweetest post, I bet Kara was secretly thinking that Kenyon really is here Edward after that. You really a great daddy and Im impressed with the pics you took.

~Allie~ said...

Hey Kara! Yes Emmett was also hot, but I think that Edward was the cutest! I can't wait until New Moon, but it is going to be sad because Edward leaves :( But I LOVED the part where Edwards skin sparkled in the sun! I am going to go see it again with my grandma and I am way excited because it was the BEST! Talk to you soon!

Janna said...

So cute! Glad that you are able to have one on one time with your cute little girl. She is growing up so fast!